Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Uinta Kodiak

Uinta Kodiak
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

First post here!

I'll be ordering an SCT X4 here soon and like everyone else I'm thinking ahead on what tunes I will want to get. I live in a western mountain state, have to deal with old man winter and I'm wondering what peoples preferred tunes are for winter driving.

Would Performance/Tow without the trans tune be an option? or is that still too much in those winter conditions?

Adaptive? Or just straight up Perf-Econ?

Thanks!

2. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    The guy who gives coupon codes.
    Administrator

Any tune should be fine in those situations. MPT doesn't remove the logic in the pcm that accounts for those things, but if you find a situation in your driving/commute that is less an desirable, let MPT know and they can factor it in.

3. Uinta Kodiak

Uinta Kodiak
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

After seeing all the vids of people turning tires and the touchy throttle it made me wonder about those wintery days. Prob just run 87 Perf-Econ during the winter.