Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Transmission and Drivetrain' started by finisher14, Dec 12, 2019.

1. finisher14

finisher14
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

hello there im new to the form and a long time ford owner. just sold my 7.3 f350 and bought a 2011 3.5 booster w 123000 love the truck but my trans is shifting hard. did manual adaptive curve reset and helped a little still shifts very hard between 4 and 5 up shift and the same on down shift.any ideas on how to solve problem with out taking it to steelership. Ive checked with local dealer and there are no updates for tranny any help would be helpful thanks

2. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    The guy who gives coupon codes.
    Administrator

Did you try doing a KAM reset? That would clear the memory. Then, you would drive it conservatively for a while, so it relearns that as your driving style.

3. finisher14

finisher14
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

yes i tried a manual and kam reset. coincidentally i checked condition of fluid all was good but when i removed my fill cap it started to gurgle so i spoke with my diesel mech friend and he thinks there is a venting problem (didnt know trans had vents) anyway thanks for your input any other advise or thoughts would be appreciated