Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    The guy who gives coupon codes.
    Administrator

2017-2019 F-150, 2018-2019 Expedition/Navigator - 3.5L EcoBoost - Excessive Oil Consumption

• Engine - Oil Consumption, DTC- P0365 and/or P0369
    SSM 47983

5/14/2019

3.5L GTDI - excessive oil consumption with or without diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0365 and/or P0369.

FORD: 2017-2019 F-150, 2018-2019 Expedition/Navigator

ISSUE
    Built On Or Before 1-Apr-2019 Some 2017-2019 F-150 and 2018-2019 Expedition/Navigator vehicles equipped with a 3.5L ecoBoost engine built on or before 1-Apr-2019 may exhibit excessive oil consumption with or without diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0365 and/or P0369.

ACTION
    If there are no visible external oil leaks, replace both valve covers. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 303-01. For claiming, use causal part 6582 and applicable labor operations in Section 6 of the Service Labor Time Standards

2. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

Hello, my covers were replaced on a 19 raptor. It was not runn6 right...power loss and surging under acceleration. Then engine light came on. Took to dealership and they replaced the covers. Also states dtc p0365 now stored as continuous dtc. Truck still does not run right...surging and lack of power. Boost also goes higher than it used to. Any recommendations? I took it back to the dealership and am waiting for the response. He initially said oil was getting on the pcv valve and making it run poorly. ...but they did not replace it. Maybe it needs cleaning or replacement?

3. Geek-O-Boost

Geek-O-Boost
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately, this seems like an issue that even Ford is still having trouble finding the cause of. I've heard a few cases of dealers replacing the cylinder heads and not even that worked. I'm sure the admins will keep this thread going with any updates that come their way though, since this seems to be a pretty serious issue.

4. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse
    Newb