Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Peter Kanellos

Peter Kanellos
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone I’m new to the forum. I have a 2014 F-150 ecoboost with upgraded turbos exhaust,intake,Wagner intercooler, and tune from MPT. Since I have done all of this work I have been experiencing lack of power off the line. I’m not sure what it is. It don’t matter what I do brake boost off the line or just floor it the truck seems to not want to go at first it kinda just takes off soft then all of a sudden the power comes in and goes like hell. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I’m thinking my coils might be the problem I am ordering new MSD coils today. But if someone has had a similar issue and figured it out if they could let me know or if anyone has any recommendations that would be great thanks.

#1 Peter Kanellos, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  2. Mandelbrot

Mandelbrot
    Expand Collapse
    EF Member

3. Peter Kanellos

Peter Kanellos
    Expand Collapse

4. Mandelbrot

Mandelbrot
    Expand Collapse
    EF Member

Neato. Sounds like a weird issue, curious what the resolution is.

5. Peter Kanellos

Peter Kanellos
    Expand Collapse

I will keep you updated on anything we come up with sent them two logs today of the problem happening

6. 15MetalFxForBoost

15MetalFxForBoost
    Expand Collapse

I had a similar issue with my 12' Fx2 ecoboost pre MPT tune. A local Ford shop claimed it was tranny fluid, but after fluid refreshing I found it was not the issue. I noticed that the warmer and more humid the weather, the more I had power loss. Ford later said maybe the stock intercooler but never ventured that direction as I soon thereafter traded the 12' in for an'15 before I solved the problem so I am curious to see what you findings are in the future.

7. Peter Kanellos

Peter Kanellos
    Expand Collapse

Just to give an update Mike from MPT didn’t see anything in the tune. He did send me a updated tune and wants me to do another log.

8. 15MetalFxForBoost

15MetalFxForBoost
    Expand Collapse

If I remember correctly, I found that a lot of the stock intercoolers we're retaining water from high humidity and that was supposedly one of the possible causes for the power loss. I found quite a few possibilities when researching and hope you solve your issue soon, I know how frustrating it can be trying to pull out in traffic and having no power.

9. Peter Kanellos

Peter Kanellos
    Expand Collapse

Yea I have read the same thing but I have an upgraded Wagner intercooler so I don’t think that is the problem I’m having

10. finisher14

finisher14
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

hello folks im new to the form i just bought a 2011 with the same problem and many more i got rid of my 2000 7.3 having owned a 600 hp 800 lbs tq turbo, im starting to think it may be turbo lag