Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 15kingranchf150

15kingranchf150
    Expand Collapse

I not new to the aftermarket world per say, but im new ecoboost F150 owner. I am coming from the 6.4 Powerstroke diesel Harley Davidson Edition F350 and missing the power. I will say, im very surprised so far with what the 3.5 ecoboost can do in Sport mode for being a stock truck. I did have a programmed 6.4 diesel with over 500 RWHP and over 1050 torque and I was used to a similar powerband as my f150 (being twin turbo). I have enjoyed the ecoboost for about a year now with only a CAI mod and front level.
    I took advantage of MPT memorial day sale, choosing the SCT Livewire tuner with 3 preloaded MPT tunes (PRx 93 performance, 93 performance tow tune, 93 stock. I did a lot of researching various forums and dyno sheets posted online and watched various Youtube videos and it seems as if I made the right choice going with MPT. I hope to retain some daily driver reliability with a boost in HP.
    My question is, do I go straight for the PRX93 tune? or do I start off with the 93 stock tune first and let my truck ease into the different /new computer setups? Any advice or experiences you all have had with MPT tunes would greatly be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    The guy who gives coupon codes.
    Administrator

You can go right to the 93 PRX as long as you have a tank full of pure 93. If you have any 87 or any octane lower than 93 in the tank, run it out before switching.

15kingranchf150 likes this.
  3. 15kingranchf150

15kingranchf150
    Expand Collapse

Great, thanks. I have been running 93 in the truck since I purchased it a year ago, I've heard the eco likes the higher octane better. Looking forward to unleashing it's full potential with the MPT tunes here soon.

rinzlerdotexe likes this.
  4. 15kingranchf150

15kingranchf150
    Expand Collapse

Upon receiving the SCT Livewire, it's recommended that you download the SCT update, plug in your SCT device to see if it needs updates. Mine did need updating and it took more than 8+ hours, this sucked!
    Uploading the tune into my truck was pretty easy, However I did experience a code where the SCT device wouldn't recognize the stock files. After unplugging the device from the OBD II port for a few minutes, I tried again and the process went smoothly.

I have now driven my truck for a few weeks since uploading the 93 PRX tune. I will say the throttle response/gas pedal is very sensitive. I find myself being touchy with the accelerator so it doesn't just take off when driving normal. In my opinion the PRX tune isn't the best daily driver feel. Yes, I know it's a RACE tune but alot of people have expressed interest in whether or not it's good for daily driving? In my opinion it's not, the Performance/tow tune would be better.
    I will say, that the PRx tune is bad ass, definitely waking truck up! Once the torque converter kicks in, the truck really moves and it's in full boost. I look to get it on the Dyno as well as take it to the local drag strip soon. Stay tuned for Dyno numbers and 1/4 mile time slips.

5. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    The guy who gives coupon codes.
    Administrator

Have you contacted MPT about adjusting the PRX tune at all? They can make A LOT of changes to the tunes to fit your needs and you get a 60-day window to do it in.