Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bruce Marshall

Bruce Marshall
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

I have a 2015 Explorer Sport and am looking to do some performance upgrade . What should be my first purchase? Intake and tubes? I have seen a lot about Livernois performance. Any suggestions?

2. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    The guy who gives coupon codes.
    Administrator

When it comes to Ecoboost vehicles, only 4 things will get you power: tunes, water methanol, aftermarket turbos, and nitrous. I would look to see who is tuning your vehicle first and see what they offer. if you're not wanting to go the tuning route, JMS (jmschip.com) makes a module that increase boost and another that enhances throttle response. They would be good options, if you can't find someone to tune your vehicle. Outside of that stuff, a lower temp thermostat and an intercooler wouldn't be bad choices, as they will battle heatsoak, which robs Ecoboost vehicles of power.

3. Rooster

Rooster
    Expand Collapse

What are your thoughts on the nGauge, 93PRX with a 6" lift & 35's? The truck is otherwise stock and I'm looking for a set it and forget it all around tune. I tow once or twice a year, but otherwise it's a grocery getter. How often can you switch back and forth between tunes?