Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tyler B.

Tyler B.
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

Hello Everyone!

1st post here. Recently made the switch from a 6.0 Powerstroke to the 2016 supercrew F150 with the 3.5 eco in blue flame metallic. Honestly couldn't be happier with my decision as the F150 is so much more enjoyable to drive and has a surprising amount of power in stock form.

Looking into tune options as I already have the X4 from the powerstroke, and the MPT PRX 93 is at the top of my list. My question is, how many revisions have most of you had to make before it feels dialed to your liking?

Looking for crisp firm shifts, and for the gears to hold longer as I hate the feel of the stock map when its not in sport mode. I guess that's a remnant of the feeling I got from the 5R110 trans mated to the diesel... power was always there when I wanted it.

Although I only use 93 octane where its available, I plan to purchase two additional tunes for the off chance I cant find 93. What would you all recommend?

Thanks for the help in advance, and I look forward to the knowledge ill gain from this forum!