Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jasee

Jasee
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

I use the 91 octane Tow Street tune daily, and love it, although my throttle response at a gradual take-off is seeming to worsen (going to try a throttle reset procedure). Otherwise, no complaints.

However, when I run my 91 octane Performance Street tune, and really get on it, like, to pass someone on the freeway, or get onto the freeway, etc., it more often than not will bog out. Unless I'm just driving normal, it doesn't feel trustworthy. In the past, I had an issue with it throwing a check engine light after this weird issue, and had found I had a broken spark plug-- but after replacing those, it still had this issue (bog or suddenly jolt).

I don't know if I'm hitting a limiter, or what, but am curious if anyone else has ran into that with that particular tune.

2. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    The guy who gives coupon codes.
    Administrator

3. Geek-O-Boost

Geek-O-Boost
    Expand Collapse
    EF Member

Lack of throttle response could have a couple of causes. Have you ever cleaned the throttle body?

Tow Street sounds like one of MPT's older tunes. If it's been a while, it might also benefit you to reach out to them and see if they've made any updates to the tuning since you got it.

rinzlerdotexe likes this.