Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dirtbikr117

dirtbikr117
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

New here. Does anyone daily drive with the performance tow with 93 octane? Is it a big improvement over the preloaded sct tune? I mostly haul with my truck, and daily drive a jetta. But for when I don't have anything behind me, I like to have some fun. I see everyone likes the PRX tune, just want a comparison. Thanks!

2. eecyclone

eecyclone
    Expand Collapse

MPT told me that the performance PR-X and performance tow are both daily driveable

3. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    The guy who gives coupon codes.
    Administrator

This is correct.

The PRX will be more aggressive and powerful than the Performance Tow. It will be up to you which you would prefer driving without a load behind the vehicle. I know many people who like both tunes as their daily. I have driven the PRX more and like it as I am a lead foot. lol You just can't tow with the PRX tune, as it is not set up for it.

4. Spladle160

Spladle160
    Expand Collapse

What kind of MPG are people getting with daily driving the PRX?

5. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

MPG is going to vary from person to person based on driving style, environment, speed, and octane. It is hard to nail down an estimate that works for everyone, as there are a lot of factors that play into it.

6. BigTrout

BigTrout
    Expand Collapse

Is a tow tune really required if I'm not pulling too much weight...say about 500 pounds?

7. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

MPT is very firm on this. No towing or hauling at all with the PR-X tune. You gotta have the Perf-Tow tune to do it with or return back to stock and use the tow haul button.

8. ljn21

ljn21
    Expand Collapse

I daily drive my 19 on the performance tow 93 tune. Love it. Tow in weekends, boat to campsite, traiker with quads to mud hole, etc. Love the tune!