Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Elliott 00Funk

Elliott 00Funk
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and am looking for some information or feedback on people's tunes with the SCT Livewire TS+. The Canned tunes in my opinion are on the very tame side and I know that with a custom time I can do much better. Ideally I'm looking for something that will be conservative when I'm
    doing the "daily driver" however will give me more performance when I want to step on it.

I contacted MPT but was told there are other companies that provide tunes out there. Advice?

2015 3.5 ECO SCREW W/6.5' box
    SCT Livewire TS+
    33" Couraga Mud terrains
    2" lift

2. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    The guy who gives coupon codes.
    Administrator

From MPT:
    93 Performance Tow
    93 PR-X

Either of those can be used as daily drivers and will give you a noticeable increase over the SCT and stock tunes. Per MPT's own tune descriptions, the Perf Tow is the one they suggest as a daily driver. The PR-X may be MPT's most powerful tune for the vehicle, but I know tons of people running it daily with no issues what-so-ever. Plus, MPT's performance tunes are known to give better gas mileage as long as you aren't driving it like you stole it. MPT is a sponsor here for a reason. There is no one better with Ecoboost vehicles.

3. Elliott 00Funk

Elliott 00Funk
    Expand Collapse

Rinzlerdotexe, your name says guy who gives coupon codes... How does one get such codes?!?

4. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Complete 5 posts and then, send me a message.

5. Elliott 00Funk

Elliott 00Funk
    Expand Collapse

Thanks bud, will do!

6. Shane

Shane
    Expand Collapse

Did you find out anything as far as a different tune for larger tires and lift.
    Im running 4in with 35in tires. Slowed way down with adding all that mass. Need to make it faster. Looking for opinions for tunes on my new truck

7. solar07

solar07
    Expand Collapse

Ton of tuners out there. 5 star, MPT, brenspeed, LOL, Livernoise, unleashed, etc. That said it seems every one tends to lean towards MPT or 5 Star. Occasionally there is a member who leans towards one of the others I mentioned.

8. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Pretty sure lift won't matter and any good tuner will be able to calibrate their tunes for your change in tire size to keep your speedo working right and make sure the shift points are correct as well.

9. Shane

Shane
    Expand Collapse

Just not used to no low end torque. went from a 6L diesel to a 3.5 eco, worlds apart from eachother. Think ill stay with the live wire and im ready to order when ever i get my final trophy and discount code i will be def ordering one.
    is there alot of difference in the octane tunes? i always run 93 just better for engine or does it matter with the direct injection?

10. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Check your inbox.

As for difference in octanes, yes, there is a lot of difference. Not only are the higher octanes better and safer for the vehicle, they offer far more power. For example: there is usually about a 5% drop off between 93 and 91 octane. When talking 100+hp like with the MPT PR-X High Boost tune, that's a lot.

11. silversurfer35

silversurfer35
    Expand Collapse

I have the MBRP 4" catback exhaust, and I've been reading that it actually hurts performance on these trucks...does anyone know how bad and would it be a advised to return to stock if i wanted to run the 93prx tune or the 93 tow tune with that exhaust on the truck?

12. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You're going to lose low end torque with that exhaust. You want to stay around 3". You do not have to return to stock with that modification. Exhaust changes do not require any special tuning as they are past the front O2 sensors. You could change out your catback all day every day and never need your tunes adjusted once.

13. silversurfer35

silversurfer35
    Expand Collapse

Ok sweet, now what about if I wanted to add the 170 thermostat... Do I need to do that before tune or can I tune than add that later? Also will the 170 therm help with towing?

14. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You can add the thermostat at any time. If you want to save time, get it before the tunes. That way you don't have to wait on an update for it later on.

The 170 thermostat will help make the power of the vehicle more consistent. It will battle rising engine temps, which cause a loss in power. The vehicle will pull timing as it gets hotter, dropping the power. The thermostat will keep the vehicle cooler, thus keeping your power at a higher level.

15. spicergc16

spicergc16
    Expand Collapse

I know this is late but what did you end up going with and what do you like driving with the most?

16. jjohnson92907

jjohnson92907
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

Good morning,
    Looking for help or recommendations. I have a 2012 Eco boost and I had the bully dog tuner and now switched to the Livewire TS. I love the Livewire a lot better except the bully dog had pre-loaded tunes for towing and performance where the Livewire doesn't (at least I can see). I don't mind having to buy some tunes just don't know who is good/compatible. Mainly need one for towing and performance if possible for when I want to ramp on it. I have some engine mods and I don't mind playing with the shift points and stuff myself, but it would be nice to just select an option and be done. Any ideas I'd really appreciate. Thank you!

17. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We all pretty much use MPT here for our tuning on these trucks. They offer tunes for performance, towing, and economy. Your Livewire is perfect, as they work with SCT tuners on your vehicle.

MPT: https://www.morepowertuning.com/

18. jjohnson92907

jjohnson92907
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

Awesome!!!! Thank you so much rinzlerdotexe. Appreciate the reply and link. I'll check them out!

19. jjohnson92907

jjohnson92907
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

Another question if you don't mind.......

I've heard a lot of people say they went with the 170 degree thermostat for these especially with mods. What do you think? Also, if you have a recommended brand I'll owe you!!! Thanks again for the help.

20. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Good modification. Most people get one within their first 3 modifications of the vehicle A 170 thermostat will drop temps about 20 degrees. MPT sells Ratstat. There are some other brands out there like Reische and Mishimoto.