Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mustangman429

Mustangman429
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

I was wondering if the F150 catch cans will work on the expeditions of the same year. Have been following ecoboosts from day one but just recently bought one. 2015 Expedition El limited. Any help is appreciated.

2. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    The guy who gives coupon codes.
    Administrator

I would suggest contacting the manufacturer directly about this. I know UPR doesn't show upport for that vehicle. Doesn't mean it is impossible, but it is not a good sign. I know the 2015+ Expedition's 3.5L Ecoboost engine is like the 2011-2014 F150 3.5L Ecoboost, so I wouldn't go by year as a determining factor.

3. EcoboostAdmin

EcoboostAdmin
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Administrator

UPR told me to use the 2015 F150 catch can on the 2015 expedition, but I'd check with them directly so you can hold them accountable if fitment isn't right.. Just seems strange since everything else on that Expedition ecoboost 3.5 matches the 13-14 F150 3.5 ecoboost. Maybe someone else has done the Expedition install. If I find anything I'll let you know.