Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Soap Touch

Soap Touch
    Expand Collapse

Just bought my first “new to me” ecoboost equipped Raptor. 27 days into ownership....... had a terrible thrashing noise at startup. Service dept said needs phaser replacement and is currently in process of being replaced.
    My question is what is typical lifespan of these replacement phasers. Is there something I can do to prolong the life of this new set of phasers? Or is it a ticking time bomb waiting to happen all over again?

2. Geek-O-Boost

Geek-O-Boost
    Expand Collapse
    EF Member

Ouch.... That sucks ass! I know the 2011-2014 model Ecoboost had issues with timing chain stretch and cam phasers needed replaced, but I don't hear about it too often on the gen 2. I've also seen the 1st gen motors last over 200k miles without any issues, so it's really tough to say what the lifespan is supposed to be on these things. Hopefully you're not too deep into a hole with this repair!

rinzlerdotexe likes this.