Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JROD0488

JROD0488
    Expand Collapse

I quick shipped an afe stage 2 and installed it last night, took it out for a ride and just doesn’t sound right to me. I would say under mild acceleration it sounds like air/pressure is gushing or whooshing back through the filters. More throttle and the “gushing” goes away and the turbo noise picks up. This may be normal and I just need to get used to it. my first thought was a bov is dumping but I’m not experiencing any power loss. Idk. Any thoughts?? Am I being crazy or should I should I dig into it?

2. 15kingranchf150

15kingranchf150
    Expand Collapse

I have the AFE stage 2 CAI on my 15 f150. I can definitely hear some air being sucked in while in the cab, the air filters are on the drivers side. Now that its getting nice outside, windows down you can really hear it. I did research before purchasing this system, everyone said that this system is one of the loudest CAI on the market for the F150 Ecoboost. Since its an open air box design, the noise will be more pronounced. If you still have concerns, maybe take to a local mechanics shop for further inspection, but this system is going to produce some noise from under the hood, personally I like the sound. hope this helps man.

rinzlerdotexe likes this.
  3. Sam G

Sam G
    Expand Collapse