Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 3.5Eco504

3.5Eco504
    Expand Collapse

Just hit 3,000 miles and prior to starting oil change ,I noticed a drop of oil in my driveway after I pulled the truck into the garage! Of course, that didn’t come from MY truck... YES IT DID! So, I jacked up the truck and pulled out my creeper. I proceeded to remove the skid plate that reads” DO NOT REMOVE FOR OIL CHANGE” and started checking for a loose oil filter, drain plug, pan bolts,etc... To my astonishment all components were tight. I called my local dealership’s service department and told them the whole situation regarding the oil leak. The service manager said,”Hmmm, another one. No problem! Bring it in. We have been servicing plenty and I figure Ford will be issuing a TSB soon.” He said some trucks with less than 500 miles! I guess it’s an engineering issue; plastic oil pan, no gasket, just good ole’ RTV on the mating surfaces and the kicker is the repair instructions state to drain oil, remove pan, clean mating surfaces, reapply RTV, stick it back in place and wish her well. It just amazes me that ford did away with the metal oil pan that had minimal issues. Has anyone else had this issue?

2. MPT

MPT
    Expand Collapse
    Supporting Vendor EF Member Ecoboost Expert

No leaks yet, but not looking forward to any.

3. Timothy Eckert

Timothy Eckert
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

I haven’t had any problems so far but that’s a crappy situation to just fall upon without knowing about it.