Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. voodooburner

voodooburner
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

Thanks in advance! New to the ecoboost world,
    Bought a 12 ecoboost f150 platinum with a rod knocking. Bought a replacement engine from a company that supposedly has 52k miles on it. Get new engine installed, it ran for maybe 8 minutes before the valve train started clacking and oil pressure flashed red. I shut it off, check stuff, all seems good. Start it again runs fine, good oil pressure…minutes later bam oil pressure alarm goes off again. Oil filler tube and cap are real gunked up. I have not put a manual gauge on it yet as the clacking tells me its losing oil pressure. Of course the company I bought it from says its my fault, I left a plug in the oil filter hole, which i did not. They have been evasive and dishonest for three weeks trying to get it warrantied, they want me to send it back for diagnosis but I have no reason to believe they won’t just blame me….they have been dishonest. Is there anything else that can cause these types of issues? Could a problem with the variable valve timing cause it to lose oil pressure? Personally I think its sludge in the pan clogging the sump….is there anything else? Video of it. 3640BE9A-2CD7-4946-8C4B-A58835253964.jpeg

2. Olgajila

Olgajila
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

3. CarlosDUs

CarlosDUs
    Expand Collapse
    Newb

Онлайн Хакеры профессионалы для тех кому нужна помощь по взлому телефона, или любой соцсетей, то вы попали по адресу, на сайте xakerkey.ru вы найдете именно такого профи

4. XgaDaucRowgt

XgaDaucRowgt
    Expand Collapse

Здесь выгодно можно сделать killapods по выгодной цене!

5. XgaDxbcRowgt

XgaDxbcRowgt
    Expand Collapse
    EF Member