Join The
Ecoboost Forum!

Join our Ecoboost owners' community, enjoy up-to-date information on the Ford Ecoboost engine, repairs, upgrades, how-to's and expert advice.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 15FX4

15FX4
    Expand Collapse

Hey so I am new to f150s and these kind of mods on vehicles. I am wondering what the overall purpose and benefits of this mod. I will be towing sometimes with the truck and obviously enjoy more power and such. Just wondering if this is something I would benefit from?

2. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    The guy who gives coupon codes.
    Administrator

A 170 thermostat is a good modification on any vehicle. It will keep your engine temp lower by opening up sooner, which combats overheating and will make your power more consistent.

13FX4Eco and Jason Miles like this.
  3. silversurfer35

silversurfer35
    Expand Collapse

I'm seeing places sell 160 degree thermostats but I'm also seeing some cons of running a 160...here's my question I can get my hands on a 160 from work at cost, but if it's going to give me any trouble I'll stick with a mpt 170 one...what's anyone's input on this?

4. rinzlerdotexe

rinzlerdotexe
    Expand Collapse
    The guy who gives coupon codes.
    Administrator

I know MPT uses a 170 on their truck and that monster was pushing 600+ HP. If they aren't going with 160 with that setup, I'm sure a 170 will handle your ride.